Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?


Answer: 

I think the most challenging part of building an argument is coming up with evidence. I can make a good argument. I can make a good claim. But when it comes to evidence, it's hard for me. Evidence is divided into three categories: experiences, observations, and readings. For me, it's hard to think of things I've done or seen or read that connect to my claim. This is probably partly because I need to read more, so that I can fill the "readings" category. I need to know a little bit about everything.

Summary: 

Today we learned about reasoning and how it connects the claim to the conclusion.

Reflection: 

Line of reasoning is how the paragraph flows. An argument body paragraph should always have evidence and commentary, which is where the evidence is explained. I need to get better at evidence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, "Why?" or "How do you know?" Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Write about something that you believed as a child.