Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?

 

Answer: 

In middle school, I had to email the librarian about getting to be in the school news class. I used informal language when I should’ve used formal language. I wrote in incomplete sentences, or fragments. I should've used formal language because it was an important email to a teacher rather than a friend.

Summary: 

Today we took notes on formal language, then analyzed and corrected other groups’ unpopular opinion paragraphs.

Reflection: 

I was able to see what other people wrote for their paragraphs, and how it could be corrected. This showed me how my group’s paragraph may need to be improved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, "Why?" or "How do you know?" Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Write about something that you believed as a child.