Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument?

 

Answer: 

After practicing the "So What" method on my own, I was able to better understand its purpose in the body paragraph. The commentary should take up the most space in the paragraph, because I need to explain what it means, why it's important, and how it connects to the claim. It shouldn't be just one sentence. If my commentary is only one sentence long, that means I'm missing some important information I could add.

Summary: 

We practiced writing commentary about different claims and their evidence.

Reflection: 

Practicing the "so what" with different examples helped me understand the structure of the commentary so I will be prepared when I have to write it for my argument essay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, "Why?" or "How do you know?" Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Write about something that you believed as a child.