Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.

 

Answer: 

In 9th grade, I had to do a project on the book, Fahrenheit 451. I was supposed to draw a picture that symbolized an event in the story and write a paragraph on why I chose that picture. But, I didn't know about the paragraph because I didn't fully read the instructions. Afterwards, when I got a bad grade, I didn't understand why. If I checked the rubric then, I would have at least known what I did wrong. If I had looked at it before completing the assignment, I would have been able to go back and fix my mistakes. When writing my argument essay, I will be sure to check the rubric before submitting it to make sure I did everything.

Summary: 

Today we went over the rubric for our Argument essay.

Reflection: 

I learned the expectations for the introduction and body paragraphs of an argument essay.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, "Why?" or "How do you know?" Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Write about something that you believed as a child.