Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.

 

Answer: 

Usually, I use the rubric after I finish writing the essay, but before I submit it. I use it to check if I did everything or if there’s anything I can fix. When I have to start writing my argument essay, I'll use the rubric to guide me through each section of the essay. After writing one paragraph, I'll check the rubric to see if I have all the requirements for that paragraph before moving on to the next. 

Summary: 

Today we used a prompt about things that are overrated and made an argument and list of reasons.

Reflection: 

My argument was that driving cars is overrated because cars cause pollution and are expensive. I practiced planning an argument quickly and efficiently so that I am prepared for the Ap Exam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, "Why?" or "How do you know?" Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Write about something that you believed as a child.