After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric.
Answer:
After reviewing different student's argument essays. I learned how good arguments essays look compared to bad essays. Using the Ap rubric, I determined that most of the bad essays failed on the body paragraphs, which are the most weighted. Usually, they didn't explain the evidence well enough. They didn't answer all of the questions that are supposed to be answered in order to have a good commentary. For example, one of the essays was about how soccer is overrated. One of their pieces of evidence was that "watching soccer games shouldn't cause your blood pressure to rise." Their explanation was very short and didn't explain how the evidence connected back to the claim.
Summary:
Today we used our Argument essay rubrics to score students’ work from previous AP exams.
Reflection:
It made me more confident in my argument writing, now I know what to do and what not to do because I saw what a 1 looks like versus a 6.
Comments
Post a Comment