Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
Answer:
I was trying to persuade my parents to get me a cat for my birthday a few years ago. I persuaded them by giving examples of how a cat would benefit me. I showed them they could trust me to take care of the cat. I would clean its litter box and feed it every day. By showing them I was responsible enough to have a cat, I was using ethos.
Summary:
We learned about the three appeals of an argument - ethos which appeals to credibility, pathos which appeals to emotion, and logos which appeals to logic.
Reflection:
I learned about the three appeals of argument: ethos, pathos, and logos. These appeals will help me make stronger arguments in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment