Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now?
Answer:
My sister and I were both making our school lunches one day. We started arguing over a container that I wanted to use for my sandwich and she wanted to use for her salad. I thought I should have it because I grabbed it first. She wanted it because it was the only container that fit her salad. We should've talked it out and agreed on something, but instead we started fighting. Like in the book, Thank You for Arguing, I shouldn't have tried to outscore my opponent and instead should've tried to find the best solution.
Summary:
Today we read the first three chapters of Thank You for Arguing.
Reflection:
The book taught me how to argue better. I learned the techniques on how to persuade an argument to believe something, do something, or not do something.
Comments
Post a Comment